Thursday, September 20, 2012

Jalapeno Popper Dip

Boy was this ever good.  I saw the recipe on pinterest and it was an immediate make.  After sending Jay to the store I had everything I needed for it.  After forgetting to put the cream cheese away it had to be made the next day.  Faithy and I got to it.

First gather up all  you need.

Photobucket

And quickly before little hands start stealing.


6-8 slices of bacon, diced and cooked crispy
1 8-oz packages of cream cheese, soft
3/4 cup of mayonnaise
3 jalapeno's, chopped and deseeded.  The seeds will make it fiery hot.
1+ cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2+ cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup diced green onion

Topping:

1 cup of crushed crackers ( I used Ritz)
1/2+ cup parmesan cheese
1/2 stick of butter, melted

My version is slightly different from Simply Gourmet where I originally pinned it from.  I would suggest follow one or the other, mine was awesome just saying.

Chop bacon, jalapenos and shred cheese.  I add the plus because my family is cheezy, hahaha.  We like cheese so I would eye ball a little more, to what looked good.  Also my daughter is my very own jalapeno popper but I tone things down for her, that is why I only used 3 jalapenos.  My husbands only complaint it was not hot enough.  So pepper to your taste.

Photobucket

I had forgot to include the mayonnaise in the first picture, but don't forget in in the recipe. And don't cheap out and use fake stuff.  Real mayo, real calories, real good.

Photobucket

Transfer all delicious ingredients to an appropriate dish.  

IMG_6213_zps652a3bcf

I used a pie dish it worked fine.  No need to oil or grease it before hand.  And stop sampling!

IMG_6206_zps7f960ae6

Photobucket

like mother like daughter...

IMG_6217_zps251e04c4

IMG_6218_zpsa55d1e59

Then cover with the topping.

Photobucket

Place in the oven for 20-30 minutes, give or take, at 350 and you have the most delicious dip!

Photobucket

We could not stop eating it.  I nibbled with tortilla chips, Jay used the left over Ritz crackers both were great.  It is a perfect football did.  Heck it is a perfect anything did.  I will be making this one again!

1 comment:

michelle said...

Yummmm! Seriously, yummm. Too bad the only three things I can actually eat off that list are bacon, onions, and jalapenos. Sucks to be me. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...