Saturday, October 22, 2011

DiGiorno 200 calorie pizzas

I tried DiGiorno's 200 calorie pizza and I was...not impressed.  I bought it because I though the small sizes would be a quick snack and fairly healthy at 200 calories.  Well snack for my boys lunch for me.



 I had received a $1.00 off any two coupon in my Sunday adds.  The normal price for it runs between $3.50 -$4.00.  I love buying quick and easy snacks to heat up when we just have to go or have not made it to the grocery store type of days.  I really was looking forward to this.

I rarely eat DiGiorno anyways so keep that in mind with this review.  I have been trying them more lately with the new pizza and appetizer combos but have not loved those either.  I just prefer delivery pizza.  And I DO NOT think they taste like delivery.

I removed there "hot pockets" like packaging and placed it in the oven.  I cooked it for under the allotted time and the thin crust slices came out brittle and dry.  I was not impressed.  My kids took a bit or two, I took a bite or two and all of us let it lay.  It was dry and frozen tasting.  Not good.

Any redeeming qualities?  Yes.  Inside the package I was disappointed to find out I did not win a spa trip.  But I was happier when I saw another $1 off coupon.



Even though I did not care for it if I can find it on sale and use my coupon I will try again.  Like I said it is nice to have quick snacks that you can jump to in a hurry.  I just wish it tasted better.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...