Friday, March 25, 2011

Fun on a Friday afternoon.

Last Friday it was warm. We wore shorts and played outside. This Friday it is cold. We are wearing our winter jackets and snow is predicted for tomorrow. What a difference what crazy weather. Rather than ramble on about how much I hate the cold and forgot to bring my cactus in from outside killing them all let's remember back to last Friday.

It was wonderful! The weather was warm, so nice and comfortable. It was the perfect day to get outside and shake off this cabin fever. As soon as the boys came home we loaded up the truck and headed out to the park for an evening bike ride and picnic.

Photobucket

They thought it was great. They threw rocks in the stream.

Photobucket

They scared us as they stayed to close along the side of the ice cold chilly water.

Photobucket

The day might be warm but the water certainly was not however there is no telling them that. It is funny how these simple thing can entertain kids. How much I want to remind them of this when they are pacing around the house tripping over their toys saying I am bored mom. Simplicity in the outdoors makes me want to move even more. Not just further south to the warmth but to a place where we have land for them to enjoy, to run around.

They brought along there skate boards. They really don't get much pratice so it was fun to watch.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No they are not wearing pads. Usually where I am insistent on safety this time I was just thinking maybe we can get a two for one discount rate at the hospital?

Photobucket

Evan, I was taking pictures of him on his skateboard, he was doing real well, then I said smile. Poser. But I love it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was Friday the 18th and I was almost at 39 weeks. I have been generally uncomfortable and in a lot of pain, ready to have this baby. We tried most the old wife's tells to get labor started nothing worked. Nor has it ever in the past. Here at the park we thought maybe a couple of things would work. One of the tricks we tried last time was going on bumpy roads. We then drove the truck up a dirt road to a favorite fishing spot. It produce no baby then but I was willing to try it again but a little differently. We drove around in the truck all day. Everyone wanted to go for a bike ride but not really me. Last time I rode around on my bike in the neighborhood it was misarable. But it was such a nice day and I was having a great time so I figured I will at least try.

Photobucket

We all got on our bikes and started off. The boys made it to the park through questionable measures and then stopped.

Photobucket

I worry about him.

They wanted to play. Jay wanted to keep on ridding. Trusting them and thinking we would stay close I followed Jay and left the boys. Not Smiley he was happily along for the ride. Or so he thought.

Photobucket

We rode close by on a paved trail it was fun and easy. We stayed along the trail as it went further and further from the boys. I was nervous. The trail then went from paved to gravel, a little further from graved to large stones and river rocks , then to a washed out river bed. It was bumpy!!! Wow if this does not do it. Poor Smiley had a help me look in his face as he bumped along. We turned around and headed back it was too much. But worth the try.


Ah back to throwing rocks in the river. This is more my speed right now. And I am really enjoying the boys.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It is so nice to have the extra sunshine right now. It gives us more time to play, explore and take pictures.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It is so hard to keep these kids out of the water. In a short bit we will be back here and they can tromp around, splash and catch crawlfish.

It was a great afternoon. I loved the family time. It kept my mind off of being miserable for a while. Here is an old picture from 2009 of me 37 weeks pregnant with Smiley.

Photobucket

And here I am pregnant again. Expecting any day about to make him a big brother. But I think he is up for the challenge.

Photobucket


So we left. Packed up the bikes, packed up the family and were thankful for each day we have together.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...