Friday, December 3, 2010

Luke Chapter 3

A very short chapter but it contained the lineage and baptism of Jesus. Really the lineage was not that long to get to the connection between Jesus and Adam, son of God. Even though Jesus is directly Gods son he is also connect to him down the line as well.

The baptism of Jesus and others by John the Baptist is at the beginning of the chapter. I noticed how this baptism was very different than mine. For Jesus, John told of warnings to come called the people vipers, accused them of fleeing from wrath, and told them that even though they are the children of Abraham God can and will still raise up against you. If you don't act accordingly and produce favorable "fruit" God is ready to let them go and throw them into the fire.

That would not have made me hesitate to get baptized, I want to be on the team that is not on in the fire. But it is such a harsh words to the baptism of welcome and love that I received. Maybe because different preachers maybe because mine was after the resurrection of Jesus. One verse was fitting into my baptism and made me smile. It was God speaking to Jesus.

3:21-22 When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was being baptized too. And as he was praying, heaven opened and the Holy Spirit came down on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: "You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased."

God, his father say I am so proud of you.

I was baptized on October 22, 2006. What a great day. I was surrounded by friends and family. It was such jubilation and love. And my father to told me he loved me and was proud of me. He also told me that day would have been his fathers 90th birthday.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Giving my testimony

Photobucket
My parents and me

Photobucket
My husband and me

90_20_9_prev

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...