Sunday, August 1, 2010

The James River

One of the places we really wanted to go while in Virginia was the beach. Sadly time did not permit this. The closest we got was the James River. It is a large river that leads into the Chesapeake Bay. We stopped to play after a quick ferry ride.

Photobucket

They boys had never been on a ferry and thought it was just a pretty cool big boat. They like watching the cars and they enjoyed seeing the seagulls on the piers.

Photobucket

Being so big the James River had a nice beach to with tiny waves. As soon as they saw it the big boys started collecting shells.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Smiley watched his brothers from the bank but as soon as I came to get him. Squiggles and squeals he was ready to go join the big boys. As soon as I unstrapped him from his stroller he fast as lightning got in the water and started searching for shells too.

Photobucket

Photobucket

When we were on the ferry looking down the water looked so deep. And wouldn't it have to be to float a ferry? But it was not. Not at all. The boys walked out over 100 yards into the river. I could barley see them.

Photobucket

My father got out binoculars and I used the zoom on my camera and as you can see they are still way out there. Too far out. So far out they could not here me yell to come back in. Maybe they could and just ignored me. Either way I had to trench out there and get my boys before something happened.

Photobucket

I walked all the way out to where they were and the water never went past my knees?! It was so shallow. And that was their argument as I made them march back in with me. They were out to far for comfort.

When we got back Gregory and I built sandcastles. He covered them in the shells they found and had fun splashing me. Until I scolded him for getting my camera wet. All is good and we had fun.

Photobucket

Now Smiley would have followed his brothers out if he could. But I kept him close by.

Photobucket

He is looking forward to the day he can run with the big boys but for now he is happy doing all he can do. And all he thinks he can do.

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...