Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The kind of place I live in

Is the kind of place where neighbors are known. You are able to walk the streets of my small town and be wonderfully greeted by the many people sitting on the porch people watching. Compare pedometer stats with other walkers by. On watchers have seen my little ones get first pushed around the streets in their double stroller, then pulled around in their red wagon, and now chased around as they pedal faster on their bikes than I can walk.

There is not a single stop light, grocery store, gas station or bar. There is a state university, the first state park, a post office, a pizza joint, and five churches. We also just added a large fair grown which back up to our fire house, ambulance complex and a really quaint country decor shop.

Photobucket


It is a friendly town where everyone knows your name, your ancestry and your BUSINESS. I don't mind. If you are upstanding there is not bad to say about you. My neighbors drop by anytime as we do to them also.

We all share in each other accomplishments. And we all morn others losses. Earlier this year a solider from our town was killed in Iraq. We all came together but up a large memorial and named the ball field after him. Last year a little girl died that fire department and ambulances drove around the streets in a slow precession with sirens on in morning.

It is a great town a safe town. Where I don't lock my doors and I often forget things in my front lawn. It is where you will open up your door and find baskets of bountiful vegetables. Just left for you. There are so many possibilities of who could have I don't know who did it. Its a great feeling to have so many wonderful people around.

Photobucket

I am thankful for my town. Thankful for where God has brought us and the place he gave mt to raise my children protected, loved and looked out for. It is where you will find us together at home on 14 Fir St.


6 comments:

Denise said...

Such an awesome thankful post.

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for my town, too! It might not be very, very good, but we are safe and happy.

Here's where I wrote the things I was thankful for this week. Hope you can drop by. I will be very thankful if you do.

Anonymous said...

bless you more, Mrs. Clifton.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely place to live! Sounds like a dream!

Thank you for stopping by my blog, and for your wonderful Thankful Thursday post!

Blessings,
Nancy

Laurie Ann said...

Great to be thankful for the town you live in. Ours is growing and has lost the appeal yours has. I miss it very much.

Rebecca said...

Your description inspires me to reach out to the ones I live by, even though our city may be a bit larger. I am very grateful for our neighbors.

Thank you for stopping by to encourage me and to send up prayers for Madeline. There was an army lifting her up today, and God was faithful to do more than we could have imagined to ask. He guided us and gave us our miracle answer! Very insightful advice to keep myself healthy as well, as I could feel the stress wearing me down.

Anyhow, I posted an update and wanted to thank you for being part of her answer today. ~ Rebecca

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...